Chronicles of my adventures in Roma and the surrounding areas

30 September 2007

homesick

So i know im in a beautiful city, and its an amazing experience, and i love rome... but today i feel a little bit homesick... for a variety of reasons... im totally sick of studio, i want to go out and explore the city, i want my freedom back and i dont want to have the pressure of trying to figure everything out in english and translate to italian, its no fun... and i miss my friends at school... seeing the same 20 people every day is getting old, and im just started to get aggravated about stupid things that i wouldnt get aggravated about if i had some time with other people... and i want to watch a movie, any movie, even a bad tv rerun would be nice... i havent watched tv in over a month, and even tho it doesnt usually govern my life, i miss it... i miss being able to talk to my family every day, phone calls are expensive and with the time difference its hard to coordinate... i miss friday night getting ready to go out to parties, or for sushi, or to just sit around and drink beer and talk about stupid things with friends... i miss cheap bars, i even miss the ruck... i could really go for some french fries right about now, or some wings... i missed all of fall rush, the barbeques, the parties, meeting all the new pledges... i miss my sisters and our beautiful new house... i want to meet our new girls, especially my little little, erzie... i miss dani, i miss fall 04, i miss megan and lj and amanda and jan and lexie, i miss lazy saturdays in my pajamas... every day here is crazy, its non stop... and if you stop for too long its like youre wasting all those precious minutes that youll never get back... i just want to take a nap... my bed is so tiny here, i want my big bed back... i need to go lay down in dani's bed for a while and hide from the world... i miss greg, i miss all the things we used to do, i miss texting all day long, i miss constant contact... i miss room 12, playing cards on the bar, mug chugs, beer pong with real red cups, i miss all the boys... theres only 7 boys in our group, and its not enough... i miss having time to dry my hair, i miss sitting on the sage coin between classes, i miss wearing letters on campus... i miss chef joe, and only having to cook when i wanted to, and being on a meal plan... i miss ramen and easy mac and cookies... i miss drinking tea every night before bed, the tea here is not the same as at home... i miss making nachos with all my sisters in the middle of the night because nobody wants to do work and we'd all rather be fatties... i miss all my shoes, i miss borrowing clothes from sisters, i even miss sisters borrowing clothes from me... i miss greene and being able to visit all my sisters when i needed a break from doing work... and now that ive gotten all this out, i think i feel a little better... so when you read this, dont think im sad... just know that i miss you, and all the things we do together or apart... and i love rome, but its just not the same as home or even troy... and i love my time here, but sometimes it just gets to me that im really far away from all the people and places and things that i love... but i have some good friends here, and theyre taking care of me... and hopefully im taking care of them too... and im going to try to keep myself busy and distracted so i can enjoy every second that im here, but also so it doesnt feel like so long until im back with all of you again.

ps... if you would like to call me or send me something wonderful, let me know and i'll tell you how

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Barb i love you<33333333
and im barbsick(not sick of you) but i miss you lol

okay that came out retarded but i hope it made you laugh!!!

Anonymous said...

I miss you, come home now!!!!!

-Chocolate cake

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading, Bratta! Who loves ya' babe?