Chronicles of my adventures in Roma and the surrounding areas

22 September 2007

i <3 fridays in Roma

So I’ve decided that even though every day in Roma is wonderful, Fridays quite possibly are the best…

Friday began with Italian, which is always hilarious. Paolo is our teacher and he’s pretty much ridiculous. He was asking us about our plans for the weekend and Andrew told him "mangio il pane con Il Gesu"… which means literally "i'm eating bread with Jesus" lol. Paolo thought that was pretty ridiculous, and he laughed his very strange Paolo laugh and all was good.

After Italian class I went to la Rinascente to buy this cool bag I saw the other day. It’s a tote with Andy Warhol designs on it, and it was originally 60 euro but I got it on sale for 34, which I don’t really think is too bad. I’ve totally stopped thinking in dollars; it’s just not worth it because everything is so expensive here anyway. But it’s a cool bag and its got pockets on the inside and a little clip thing for my keys so I don’t lose them in the bottom of the bag because that’s the most annoying thing ever.

After lunch I decided that I really wanted to go get another crazy ring. There’s an older man that sits at a table across the campo and he makes beautiful jewelry out of silver wire and there’s these rings that are just like a birds nest of coiled wire and I really wanted one. So me and Morgan ventured over to see if we could find some good ones, and the guy started talking to us about the rings and telling us that he’s not going to make the birds next ones because they use too much wire and its expensive and not worth it for him to make. We paid him for the rings, but he motioned for us to come over because he had something special for us. He proceeded to MAKE TOE RINGS ON OUR FEET!!! Yes, he made me put my foot up on his knee so that he could literally make the toe ring around my toe, just for me. He did the same for Morgan and now we have beautiful matching, but different, toe rings. Only in Roma.

No comments: