Chronicles of my adventures in Roma and the surrounding areas

24 October 2007

the halfway point

2 months in Roma, 2 months to go... we've begun our final project and now i guess we're just worky worky worky towards the end... heres a NEW list of things ive done in Roma, now that another month has gone by:
  • stopped saying escuse me, please, thank you, hey... these words have now been replaced by i scusi, per favore, grazie, ciao
  • sent out 2 full sets of postcards... if you haven't gotten one yet, not to worry, you'll get one soon
  • been to the vatican during the day, and realized that it is actually Heaven on earth
  • seen the Valentino exhibit (mmm gowns)
  • stopped letting my hair air dry, its cold now, so i need to dry it before leaving the house or ill freeze!
  • still no TV :-(
  • begun to miss speaking in english, watching tv in english, reading anything besides architecture in english
  • cooked family dinner! (sausage and peppers on ciabatta rolls, yummy)
  • gone to the crazy flea market and bought new knives and forks for our severely lacking apartment
  • learned to live with the fact that no, i do not have a closet of my own and no, i do not have all of my clothes
  • enjoyed the hilltowns and all their wine and lovely landscapes
  • been sad about missing the parties at RPI
  • started running again, and hopefully i will continue to run until i get back because i've...
  • become totally addicted to gelato, every flavor
  • become addicted to espresso (so efficient)
  • missed studio in the greene building with all my bests, but NOT missed the squirrels haha
  • not gone back to all the places i wanted to go back to
  • gotten very homesick
  • taught my mom to use email! probably my greatest accomplishment! haha
  • missed the little things i can do at home and in troy, but not here
  • been really proud of all our new members, who are doing a FABULOUS job from what i've heard
  • missed my family, my sisters, the boys, all my bests... ive missed pretty much everyone
for those of you that have been reading, thanks, you make me happy... the more i talk to all my sisters and friends at home, the more loved i feel and the more excited i am to really make the most out of this semester, just so i can come back and tell you all about it... so here's to 2 more months of pictures, hopefully more sketching, more postcards, more stories, more blogging, etc etc etc

ps. ive added a link to a map that shows where i've been running, instead of posting a new map to every page... so you should check it out from time time and help me stay motivated by being totally jealous of everything i run by!

No comments: